GM OBDI Trouble Codes
OBDI trouble codes for 1988 - 1990 GM vehicles.
- 13 - Oxygen sensor voltage stays between 0.35 and 0.55 volts for 60 seconds.
- 14 - Coolant temperature sensor signal indicates a temperature of over 275° F for 2 seconds.
- 15 - Coolant temperature sensor signal indicates a temperature colder than -27° F for 30 seconds after the engine has been running for at least 30 seconds.
- 21 - TPS voltage was above 2.5 volts for 8 seconds when the MAP sensor signal showed manifold vacuum to be 15 pounds or more.
- 22 - TPS voltage was under 0.2 volts for 2 seconds when the engine was running.
- 23 - Inlet air temperature sensor signal showed an air temperature below -22° F after the engine has been running for 5 minutes.
- 24 - Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) Circuit .
- 25 - Inlet air temperature sensor signal showed an air temperature over 302° F after the engine has been running for 5 minutes.
- 32 - EGR open command did not change MAP sensor signal. Normal EGR flow should cause slight decrease in manifold vacuum which would change MAP sensor signal.
- 33 - MAP sensor signal voltage was too high (low vacuum) for 5 seconds when throttle opening was under 4%.
- 34 - MAP sensor signal voltage was too low (high vacuum) when engine speed was under 1200 RPM or the engine speed was over 1200 RPM with a throttle position angle above 21%.
- 35 - Idle Air Control (IAC) System .
- 42 - The EST signal did not change when the ECM applied bypass voltage to the ignition module.
- 43 - The ECM did not detect a knock signal during near wide open throttle operation with coolant temperature above 194° F or the knock signal was present for 5 seconds or more during normal engine operation. Electronic Spark Control (ESC) Circuit .
- 44 - Oxygen sensor voltage was under 0.2 volts for 50 seconds of closed loop operation. (Lean Exhaust Indicated)
- 45 - Oxygen sensor voltage was over 0.7 volts for 30 seconds of closed loop operation with a throttle angle between 2% and 20%.(Rich Exhaust Indicated)
- 51 - PROM error. (MEM-CAL)
- 52 - CALPAK error.Fuel CALPAK Missing .
- 53 - System Over Voltage .
- 54 - Fuel pump voltage was not present at fuel pump sense line for 2 seconds after the ECM has sent the fuel pump on command.(Low Voltage)
- 55 - ECM error. Replace ECM.Faulty ECM